2011年9月19日月曜日

Blogging Assignment 1

The topic for my first essay is about how hard it was and still is to live in Japan as an Asian immigrant. I have three main reasons why I chose this topic. First of all, my grandfather was from Korea, but since he became ill when I was little and he was not able to talk, I do not know much about Korea or Korean people so I am very interested in learning about them. Secondly, It must have been hard for other Asian people to live in Japan because of discrimination especially during WWⅡ and even after that. And I think they are still some people who discriminate them. Thirdly, I think Japanese Government are not supporting Asian immigrants enough. For example, my grandfather was not legally considered as a member of my family, even though he had lived in Japan for more than 70 years and he lived with my family in my house, so that he could not receive some particular kind of support from the government.

Therefore, my thesis statement will be: The Japanese government should give further support to Asian Immigrants living in Japan.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Chaki,

    This thesis statement below looks usable.

    The Japanese government should give further support to Asian immigrants living in Japan.

    In the most general way, how would you explain why the Japanese government should give further support to Asian immigrants, and what types of support should it give?

    返信削除